Courses and Workshops Chairs
Submission Deadline (August 25, 2023) is closed.
Courses are sessions, which provide opportunity to extend your knowledge and experience in the field of design. We welcome proposals on topic fall under HCI and allied fields. Please visit the website for conference theme.
- Instructor can take course from 1 hour to 3 hours depending on the course content.
The proposal must be submitted as one PDF document (file name: Instructor name_Title_Course_IndiaHCI23) to the Microsoft CMT portals
- Course Abstract: It should be documented in 3 pages in the SIGCHI Extended Abstract Template. This will be used for reviewing purpose only. It must include title of the course, course abstract, learning objectives of the course, content of the course, duration of the course (2 hours max) intended audience, and reading list (literature) that is suggested for the course.
- Course Plan: Two page document providing additional information including justification for the course, expected background of the attendees, content and schedule, expected audience size.
The review process for courses is not anonymous.
- August 25, 2023: Proposal submission deadline
- September 5, 2023: Notification of acceptance
(All deadlines close at 23:59 IST)
What is the difference between a workshop and a course?
If you are looking forward to conduct a session, where you expect participants to collaborate and work on a common topic, and then please propose it as a workshop. On the other hand, if it is going to be like a class where the participants will focus on learning than contributing back, then please propose it as a course.